- Cerebral Palsy: What You Need to Know
Cerebral palsy is a neurological disorder that occurs when the brain is damaged at any stage of a person’s development that affects movement and posture.
- Migraine: Causes, Prevention Tips, and Treatment Options
A migraine is a type of headache is characterized by severe throbbing pain or a pulsing sensation on one side of the head, nausea, and vomiting.
- Headaches: Everything You Need to Know About Them
A headache is defined as pain in the head or upper neck. The most common symptom of a headache is head or face pain. It might be throbbing, sharp, or dull.
- How to Recognize and Deal With Seizures
A seizure is an uncontrolled electrical disturbance in the brain caused by an abnormal electrical discharge. Reasons are head injury, stroke, or low blood sugar.
- Epilepsy: What is it? How can you help someone who has it?
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder that causes recurring seizures. Seizures are sudden, uncontrolled electrical disturbances in the brain.
- Encephalitis: A Mysterious Disease That Can Be Deadly
Encephalitis is a serious, potentially life-threatening condition that occurs when the brain becomes inflamed. It is most often caused by a virus, such as HSV.
- Brain Tumor: How to Survive and Thrive
A brain tumor is a mass or growth of abnormal cells in the brain. Brain tumors can be cancerous or noncancerous, mostly begin in the brain cells or the nerves.
- What is a Lumbar Puncture? Everything You Need to Know
A lumbar puncture also known as a spinal tap, is a medical procedure that involves the insertion of a needle into the lower back to collect cerebrospinal fluid.
- Meningitis: A Deadly Disease That Can Strike Anytime, Anywhere
Meningitis is an infection or inflammation of the meninges, surrounding the brain and spinal cord.. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or fungi.
- Brain Lesion: What You Need to Know
A brain lesion is an abnormal area in the brain. It specifically refers to an area of injury or disease within the brain caused by injury, infection, or tumor.
- Urinary Retention: What It Is, Symptoms, and Treatment Options
Urinary retention is a condition in which you are not able to empty your bladder; caused by an obstruction in the urinary tract, an infection, or nerve damage.
- Bladder Leakage: How to Deal with Urinary Incontinence
Urinary incontinence is the involuntary leakage of urine. It can occur when you cough, sneeze, laugh or exercise. It can be temporary or chronic.
- Glomerulonephritis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Glomerulonephritis is a type of kidney disease that results in inflammation and damage to the glomeruli. It can lead to kidney failure if left untreated.
- What You Need to Know About Renal Failure
Renal failure (kidney failure) is a serious medical condition occurs when the kidneys are no longer able to remove waste and excess fluid from the blood.
- Heart-Healthy Foods to Eat for a Healthy Heart
Heart-healthy foods are those that can help lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, as well as reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Warning Signs of Heart Disease: Don’t Ignore These Symptoms
The most common warning sign of heart disease is chest pain or discomfort. This pain can feel like a squeezing sensation, fullness, heaviness, or ache.
- What is a Laminectomy? A Comprehensive Guide
A laminectomy is a spinal surgery that is performed to remove the lamina to treat conditions that cause pressure on the spinal cord or nerves.
- Heart: Structure and Function
The heart is an amazing organ. It is responsible for pumping oxygen-rich blood throughout the body, and it works tirelessly to keep us alive.
- Rheumatic Fever: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Rheumatic fever is a serious inflammatory disease that can develop after a strep throat infection. It can cause damage to the heart, joints, skin, brain, etc.
- Stroke: How to Spot the Signs, Get Treatment, and Survive
A stroke also called a brain stroke or transient ischemic attack is a sudden loss of brain function due to a blockage or bleeds in the brain.
- Endocarditis: The Deadly Infection You Need to Know About
Endocarditis is an infection of the inner lining of your heart chambers and valves. It becomes inflamed as a result of bacteria or other organisms.